Friday, December 09, 2005

Moments like these, y'all are glad I'm not a human parent

Yes, it's true, I damned near cried. I readily admit it. I didn't even have anything to do with the event happening, and yet I took enormous pride in it. Really. Enormous, I tell you. It made my heart jump with glee, my breathing was faster, I almost shook.

What happened to inspire such great demonstrations of emotions?

You really want to know?

My dog swam, seriously swam for the first time today. Yep, that's all it took for me to beam enough joy to light up the Bay Bridge.

Before this, he romped in the water, laid down like he was in a spa tub, lapped at the salty stew that simmers in the inlet of the Bay. The Girlfriend had seen him paddle for the first time about two weeks ago, I saw such marvels recently. But all of these event were mere dashes of light compared with today. Today, he swam, no paw touching siltly earth, no lie there and lap, but a full out dog paddle over actual distance of several feet.

Yes, I do consider this a blog worthy entry, thank you very much!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hey, I cried when Max first swam, too. Wished I'd taken photos. It IS a big deal!