Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Knitting, because I haven't mentioned it in awhile

As my button on the right side my page says, because I'm insane I joined up for NaBloPoMo again this year. I am finding some support over at the forum on Raverly

Because I am not completely certifiable I have not officially, signed up for NaKniSweMo, however I am attempting this as well. What is it you might ask. Go ahead ask. Oh, you don't know? Well it's knit a sweater that has 50,000 (or there abouts) stitches or thereabouts in a month. Also in November. What is it about that month? Why in November, a month before most people are gearing up for the holiday hell season when they are trying to get a zillion and one other things done in preparation for the descending of relatives, hours in the kitchen and the mall, and screaming children? I am working on a sweater from Drops Design website for TGF. The yarn is cheap but incredibly soft acrylic in a beautiful light heather gray. It's the first time I am making an adult sized sweater and the first time I am doing a bottom up pattern.

Next up is another project for TGF (isn't she lucky!) out of some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. The colour is a beautiful deep orange. She picked the hat pattern, Odessa (no beads) and I will make a pair of Dashing to match. I believe the two skeins I have will be enough. I am thinking of making myself an Odessa out of the deep red Berroco Softwist I have lying around. Maybe even with beads.

Also in the line up is Kiri for someone I can't name (surprise and all that) out of some fun coloured yarn. In theory I have a fair amount of yarn for socks and should think about trying that two socks on two circs method. Or not.

I have started, just barely to catalogue my stash on Ravelry which really is fun, but would be more fun if I could find the cable for the camera so I could add photos. Also because of Ravelry I decided to clean up my bookmarks of knitting patterns. Since web things can be ephemeral some of them were dead links, the ones that were pdfs I have saved on my computer in a folder. In a fit of bravery I got rid of ones that were clearly not my taste and too dull to think about knitting because I am no longer a rank beginner at this and I need challenges at least some of the time.

I have had a headache for most of the day so I think that's the extent of this post. I mean really people, I went to the laundry mat (blankets), the dry cleaners, opened a new bank account, and purchased a new coffee maker because ours leaks 1/4 or more of the coffee out the back or something. I think I did plenty today, don't you?

Oh the couch arrived today! It is so wonderful to have things to seat on in the living room. What a treat.

2 comments:

Jbeeky said...

God, that silky wool is amazing. Even on screen it looks like the best of the best. I wish I knitted. I am glad you do. And now on your new couch. Without a decoupaged teddy bear sweatshirt in sight. And all was right with the world.

Chelsea said...

I love Silky Wool!

Last year I signed up for NaBloPoMo and crashed and burned at just about this point. This year, I joined NaBloPoMo and NaKniSweMo. Daily blogging is going great, but the sweater just isn't happening in a month. Maybe next year, I'll sign up for the blog and the sweater and the novel, and manage to do the first two?

(here via the NaBloPoMo thread at Ravelry)