Thursday, January 26, 2006

Yes G, it's another quiz

I found my way here courtesy of a dear friend, Scott, whom I just saw at Conference. I have no idea which of his blog sites to link with him as they are each interesting, quinesstenially him and all different. Maybe he will tell me which one to use. Anyway.

This one was "The Religion Founder You Resemble". I really like the answer even though I have no idea who this fellow Kabir is, never heard of him. Perhaps that is appropriate given the description says:


Not a religion founder in any true sense, instead felt that everyone should follow their own path to God. "There is nothing but water in the holy pools. I know, I have been swimming there. All the gods sculpted of wood or ivory can’t say a word. I know, I have been crying out to them. The Sacred Books of the East are nothing but words. I looked through their covers one day sideways. What I talk about is only what I have lived through. If you have not lived through something, it is not true."

Truly telling about me, I think. I'm sure some will chime in to let me know if it is reflective of me or not.

In fact it was my buddy Scott that gave me the of my last lesson of the conference. I was showing him my blog and he pointed out that perhaps I should change my description around. While I enjoy the wiseass aspect of labeling myself as a "procrasinator extraordinaire" it may not be in my best interest to lead with it. Compelling headlines be damned. Scott gently suggested I move two of the other descriptors to the forefront. He really has a point. Do I want that to be my primary identity, even more than it is? Do I want to create that reality or something else? Am I ready to step out of the definition, which in part requires further separation from my mother? Maybe I am. What a concept.

Thank you Scott. I love you.

No comments: