Friday, January 06, 2006

The generosity of the people

is overwhelming sometimes. I wrote earlier today about an email friend, Kim, who is offering to make a scarf for Sunny. Well this evening I received an email from Mimi, which said:

"wondering, strange maybe, but would she be tickled or disgusted if your moms
list pals knitted/crocheted a few swell hats for her?

there are a few of us you know....we crave the 'textile work for a reason
beyond just our own enjoyment'. you would likely get some pretty wonderful
and pretty crazy comical hats from this group. some of us don't have our
moms to do these things for anymore...."

This woman is from the same list. Then I hear this from Jennie:
"Oh, um, sweetie? I'm perfectly happy to make your mom's scarf, or hat, or whatever. I know you want to knit your love into it, but if you want her to have it sooner (or two things at once), I'm here. K?"

Wow. You know? Really wow. Sure I know Jennie in real life, though I met her originally from the same fantastic list that is supporting me and my mother right now. I just keep tearing up all night.

How did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

Ancrene Wiseass said...

My guess? You didn't get lucky. You deserve it. And so does Sunny.

Jennie said...

I agree. Luck has nothing to do with this. You have drawn good people (modestly excluding myself) to you, sweetie.