Thursday, December 21, 2006

And then there was one

In a blizzard of disappointment it looks like our Lighting Party won't be happening. I suppose it is not the worst thing as I apparently have the flu - one day before the dang thing.

Seriously I have felt like crap all day but I was totally ready, unless I felt much the same or -horrors- worse, to shop, clean and cook my meant for birthing babies eastern european hips off (this is my way letting the new readers know I am not some petite, fragile flower). I am still wanting laktes and sufganiot so maybe Friday or Saturday I'll get busy in the kitchen. Yeah I know the holiday is technically over on Friday but so what? I mean it's potatoes and grease there's always time for that in my book. I just found a recipe for apple fritters which is making my mouth water just a bit.

I have already looked up the dates for the holiday for next year and proposed a date. I figure a year's notice might work. What do you think? Yeah, me too, we make plans and the universe laughs.

Well I'm going to go get a big glass of sad and wallow for a bit and start fresh tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Dharma, I'm so sorry that you're sick. Hopefully you'll feel up to some latkes over the weekend. I helped a friend make them once for her Hanukkah party and I know how much work it is. But, they're SO good.

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Dharma said...

I should clarify. Two of the three families canceled yesterday which is really the reason for canceling. I'm awake now and I think I'm better than not stellar. Next year! Hey don't we usually say that for sedars?

Jennie said...

I'm so sorry we couldn't come. I'm still feeling completely insane about getting everything done tonight & a reasonable amount of sleep. I have to face my mother tomorrow, after all! Sorry your energy's still down. I hope the latkes do their job and pep you up again. Love you sweetie.

Anonymous said...

least the weekend is almost here. get some soup and some rest, and feel better!

i hear fritters are awesome, although i can't speak from experience. perhaps next year you should have your lighting party on national fritter day. it *is* in december.