Sunday, November 16, 2008

In which our heroine had shopping success

Thanks be to Andi I had the best time shopping at Village Discount Outlet today. She introduced me to this place last year and I have never failed to score excellent deals. There are two thrift stores in near each other (I think I got the name right) but I've only been to the one on Linden. I seriously {heart} this place. For under $24 USD I scored:
  • a deep cranberry/purple (hard to describe) long, lined rain/trench coat by Fleet Street for $4.00. A quick search on the web tells me that even though it's a few years old I scored big time!
  • a pair of The Limited black pants that are great for work, more casual than I've been wearing but dressier then the bulk of my closet for $1.25.
  • another pair of pants by Clio, which seems like it might be a defunct company but fit great
  • a little black sweater with mock turtleneck, because one can never have too man black tops
  • a fabulous electric green lightweight sweater with 3/4 sleeves
  • a more casual green top that will work for the job
  • a reddish purplish cotton top with a little lacing at the neckline, more for fun than work
  • two dress tops that are great for work
  • a cute long cardigan in autumn red, brown, and burnt orange colors that closing with a simple thin leather like tie just below the bustline
  • a skirt with great embroidery that Her Geekyness doesn't like and doesn't quite fit me, it's the only loser in the bunch.
I am so happy that everything but the skirt fit - the store doesn't have a fitting room. Tomorrow I will wear an outfit that cost me $5.00!!! Woohoo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely got more clothes for less money than I did yesterday. You win. :) I need to hit up the thrift shops around here sometime. I have scored some beautiful coats that way.

Jennie said...

OMG, serious score! I so want that trenchcoat.