Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A mop, my kingdom for a mop

How is it possible I don't have a mop? I mean, I'm an adult (stop laughing!). Okay so a reasonable facismile thereof. But I don't have a mop. I desperately need to wash floors in my house before this gathering I'm having on Saturday. Did I mention we have 6 animals - so you can imagine the floors need washing - badly.

I know, I need to just suck it up. It's not like I don't have anything to clean the floors with, though I am lacking a mop or a scrub brush. Down in the basement we have several small towels that would do an excellent job at scrubbing.

The house just seems so daunting to clean. Oh I pick up here and there. Several of my hotspots- flylady the demented angel on my shoulder who annoys the living crap out of me) are just fine. But seriously, the house is a pit. Wyatt, who miraculously lives another day, has strewn cardboard, yarn, wood splinters, stuffing from the animals he gnaws hourly across the rug and floors.

Did I mention I have no desire to actually do the cleaning. I just want it done. Why won't twitching my nose do anything? Blinking my eyes really hard doesn't work either. Damn it all to hell.

No comments: