Thursday, October 27, 2005

ARGGGHHHHHH

There is no other title for this one. I did call my father the other day and sure enough he was concerned about my mother and about me. Blah. He tries but I do not get comfort there.

Fast forward. I sent him an email giving the update about the second opinion and surgery plans.

He just called. I so DO NOT want to deal with his grief about this. He clearly feels like on some level that she or her husband should have noticed something earlier. He even knows this isn't rational but damn it all to hell, I don't want to hear about it. He wants her to go to Sloan Kettering - give me a friggin' break! We don't even know that this is a big deal. "I know people there" Well so do I. Big whoop.

If it's bad news from the surgery, than sure, let's look at different doctors, treatment, whatever.

I know, I know. He is struggling, he is scared, he's angry. Well so am I!!
He has other children besides me, he has a great girlfriend, but Sunny is my only mother. This is sounding like a "my hurt is bigger than your hurt", but what it amounts to is I don't want to be his confidente on this, ya know?

And here I am still without a mop, a bucket, or Murphy's Oil Soap for Wood Floors.


No comments: