Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sunday Night

My fantabulous Sunday night knit meet up disbanded and I was saddened. In my infinite wisdom I decided to start one of my own. First I posted the idea on Ravelry, then I sent a message to our local (South Park) women's mailing group. The response was really great.

I choose to "host" it at Night & Day Cafe over on Brown Street, as I have banished myself to that place on a few Sunday nights to get out of the house. There was a great turn out and it was great to have a cross-pollination of Rav and SP women. We had three women who were from my neighborhood - one bearing cookies from another neighbor who couldn't come. I'm telling you it's like living in a really cool version of Mayberry. One woman drove down from Troy, which is quite a hike. Someone had just joined Rav that morning and showed up leaving her 5 year old twins and 2 year old with the hubs. Tres cool. A Dayton fire fighter who told how she likes to bug the male fire fighters by knitting and painting her toe nails in the fire house. She is really funny. My buddy Chris and I were represented those who were members of both communities.

Initially I had planned to do it every other week but the response was so positive that it's going weekly folks, so come join us.

More entries, once I catch up on sleep I will follow about my adventures in the work force this week.

6 comments:

Jbeeky said...

I swear, I love your town! This is gonna be such a fun summer for you!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys found a more suitable time to meet. I miss knit night. Tell folks hello for me :)

louisiana swamp rat said...

Go ahead and admit it, moving to Ohio just might have been a really good thing...

Andi said...

I'm looking forward to this Sunday. I'd have been there for the first gathering but Sprout and I went to Indiana for pictures (and family visiting) and came home to a dramatic change in our family structure... (We are now a 3 cat family.)

The Romantic Flea said...

I will be there Sunday :) even did a drive by...just to make sure I knew where it was ( took my mind off mailing my taxes in )
I did forget what time???
Aleza

Anonymous said...

Cue the violins please, I'm going to do a little whining.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Tuesday or Sunday for the next few weeks. I am listing the house on Monday (which is a good thing), and I am concentrating on keeping the house clean and presentable at all times. If you could see my house in its normal state, you would immediately understand why this is such a big deal. I may be able to sneak away on a Tuesday later in May...don't have too much fun without me.