Thursday, October 05, 2006

Distractions Needed

Thanks be to Juno for this post which has me thinking about knitting rather than the ill cat lying next to me. Now I want to get my hands on the Spring 2004 Interweave because I found still more patterns to pine over.


I am not sure I have "True Yarn" yet, though I am loving the (of course) discontinued Debbie Bliss Soho (colour 9). I am just about finished Niya's cat bed using it, and should have just a few yards less than 5 balls left. If I like how the felting works I'm thinking about making a laptop cover for my Lotus Baby. Yes, I named the new laptop Lotus, stop groaning!


While Juno pined for the Salt Peanuts, I am interested at least in Polka Purl Dots, though I really need to see a better photo. Oh found one! Nice. Swell Sweater seems like something to hang out in but could be dresser when the occasion called for it. Caramel Cap-Sleeve Top, maybe, again need to see more.
Oh, maybe NOT on the Caramel! Ditto Side to Side Ribbon Pullover. Of course, that would require a lot of ribbon yarn, which well, isn't a "True Love" type of yarn for me. Hm, found a photo, perhaps not. Well thanks to surfing for the above photos I found this, which is tempting.

Distraction good.

Oh! My lovely friend Ruth, Piccolo's mom, gave me a birthday gift the other day.
Before giving it to me she said, "This is only for you. You'll understand when you open it." FOUR lovely hanks of Misti Alpaca Chunky in Marina Melange. This stuff is so soft. I am thinking I might be able to make a "set" of a scarf, hat and fingerless gloves. Maybe there would be enough yarn. Maybe this Reversible Cable scarf. Or something simple like this. I'm wondering if these would work. I long to be at Savannah Chick's level, so making something of hers would be moving in that direction. Or, since I'm making her cat bed design, maybe these. I love these but not for this yarn. Oh! But that pattern would be lovely, I think, for the Lorna's Lion & Lamb hank that Jennie (it's a different Jennie link than the last post because that girl is so busy she has TWO blogs!) gifted me with some time ago. But would I wear them enough, I mean this yarn is GORGEOUS!

Again I say, Distraction Good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow I am so jealous! you have a great hobby! I see that you read my blog, thanks for the comment. you might have noticed that I'm trying to survive cancer and move past the bad stuff. One of my goals for when I'm better is that I want to learn a new hobby. Knitting or crocheting is at the top of my list. I don't know how I'm going to learn it, but I'm going to try. Love your blog!
Rae

Jennie said...

Mmm, distraction good, ja. I love Polka Purl Dots--didn't expect to! Nice sheen to the yarn, too.