Thursday, April 26, 2007

Apparently ranting creates change in the Universe

So that job listing TGF found in a section I never, ever look at on craigslist?
I got it.
In fact rather than starting Monday the one day a week that I will be working usually, they have extra work so I start tomorrow.
The job that requires the least amount of my skills, that I get.

- Is the Universe is trying to tell me to aim lower so I can focus more on school?
- Or is it that being honest and telling potential employees that I have an academic commitment in June for six days and a long stretch away in late August isn't doing me- any favours?
- Or it is that the Universe knows I have the attention span of a flea and shouldn't be trusted with a real job?

Seriously the only I need for this job is to be able to type - straight data entry. After taxes based of four days a month this will pay a small cell phone bill (we never, ever use our minutes or text or anything with the damn things) and pay for beasts of Casa de Cedar to eat. Not us mind you, but at least our babies will continue to be well fed.

The good part:
- I don't have to worry if I need to quit because I get a better job
- It is in Emeryville, so if I can learn to work the gears of my bike (I've never ridden anything but an ancient 3-speed Schwinn, and that was a thousand years ago!) I don't even need my car
- It will take very little brain power
- I don't have to wear nylons or anything hideous

Now I have to come up with a good nom de plume for the place....

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Congrats on landing this. I'm sure the good-looking, above-average pets, plus Cingular, will appreciate it. And maybe something else will come in, too, soon, yay!

wen said...

congrats!!

it's easier to find a job from a job--and the low amount of hours means you can take time to go interview elsewhere. :)

i'm under a crunch now, but if in a few weeks you want me to look at your resume (and give you feedback) i'll be happy to.

louisiana swamp rat said...

Congrats on the job! Sounds perfect, little thinking but with money - I hope it keeps you happy until something else comes along.

dykewife said...

congrats on getting the job you need. i'm sure teh four footed roomies will be happy.

as to the bike, changing gears is simple. when you find pedaling to easy, gear up. :) it's like driving a manual transmission car except that you go by feel instead of by ear.