Friday, November 05, 2010

Evidence of Yesterday's Stove Adventures

The soup came out great. Very basic: sauteed onions, carrots, and baby portabello; add water; add package of Manischewitz "mushroom soup"; add reconstituted dried porcini mushrooms with the water (strained).







For the last two days I was able to keep my home in an high 60's to about 71 using the wood stove. I am inordinately proud of myself. When my guests were here last night they were impressed at the toasty quality done by stove alone. For the last two mornings I found some glowering embers still in the midst of ash - again very pleased.


2 comments:

LittleWit said...

Ooo we just installed a wood burning insert into our fireplace and are very much looking forward to using it to help heat our home over the winter. :) Our only major problem at this point is that the weather keeps hovering in the 60s. Such a strange autumn in Ohio this year.

Lisa said...

The soup looks and sounds yummy. I knew you would master the fire, just because I know you.. :)