Saturday, August 05, 2006

On a knitterly note

The other day I finally made it over to Skein Lane, which is closing! The sale had begun on Thursday, I think I made it over there on, hm, Monday? They were looking really bare already. I didn't have a lot of time to browse and the yarn was only 20% off, which given my taste still meant it was out of my price range.

I did indulge in two size 1 circular 29" Susan Bates because they were only $4.40 each and I have hopes of making more socks. I found DPN size 1 for $3.00 and got them just because. Only a set of four rather than five needles, but I might have a spare one 1 hanging around. Snagged two skein of Euro Yarn's Mexican Wave - a yarn that I think is discontinued. Colourway 14 and the other is missing it's tag and I can't find it anywhere on the net. They were originally $4.25 before the 20% so a good deal, I suspect. These two skeins could make nice little wintery items for T'Mane. Or something.

I have made very, very minor progress on Niya's cat bed because well, life has been terribly buys. But I started, um, I think the fourth skein of the Soho and it's almost a 28" diameter, about 1" to go before I start the decreases to create the sides. Luckily I have many more skeins left. Oh, that reminds me I will be near WEBS very soon! (Please excuse the drool.)

I am going to try to get back to Skein Lane tomorrow, was going to try for today, didn't happen.

Another boring post. Sorry folks.

Oh, I did call the therapist and have an appointment for Tuesday. I do keep my promises.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

You may want the DPNs to finish (or start) the toes on socks.

(and yay! for making the appointment.)